Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect and Receive
In the course of operating the Platform, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorise us to collect and/or receive such information.
1. Personal Information
When you register with us to become an End User or Authorised User, use the Services, sign up to receive notifications, purchase any product or service, or contact us, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name and e-mail address. We do not collect any personal information from you when you simply visit the Website, unless you provide such information voluntarily. All information we collect and/or receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.”
2. Order Information
When you place an Order with us on the Platform (e.g., ordering a download of an Event), you must provide us with certain information about the products and services you are seeking to purchase. Such information is collectively called the “Order Information.”
3. Billing Information
4. Geolocational Information
Certain features and functionalities of the Services are based on an End User’s or Authorised User’s location. In order to provide these features and functionalities, we may, with the your consent, automatically collect geolocational information from your mobile device, wireless carrier, and/or certain third-party service providers. Such information is collectively called the “Geolocational Information.” Collection of such Geolocational Information occurs only when the Services are running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocational Information, in which case One Room will not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
5. Other Information
In addition to the information noted above, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From You
Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g., via a survey) that does not identify you personally.
b. From Your Activity
Information that we automatically collect when you use the Platform, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Platform you visit; and similar data; and
- Information about your device, including the type of device; universally unique ID (“UUID”); advertising identifier (“IDFA”); MAC address; operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows); carrier and country location; hardware and processor information (e.g., storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled); network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); and similar data.
c. From Cookies
Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Websites. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Websites may not function properly.
d. Third-Party Analytics
- facilitate the sign in process for the Platform;
- authenticate users;
- personalise your experience;
- analyze which portions of the Platform are visited and used most frequently; and
- measure and optimise advertising and promotional effectiveness.
If you do not want us to deploy cookies in your browser, you can opt out by setting your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when a website tries to put a cookie in your browser software. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still use the Platform, although your ability to use some of the features may be affected.
e. From Other Sources
We also may collect or receive information from third parties, such as Subscribers and Customers. For example, the Events are recorded at the facilities of Subscribers, and we obtain all the resulting Content.
Recording of Events
As described at the Event by the applicable Subscriber (e.g., in an announcement, in a sign upon entering the facility, or in a release given to you), if you attend the Event, you authorise One Room and our successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, assignees, and licensees to record and distribute the Content, including your name, voice, image, and likeness via any medium now known or hereafter developed, throughout the world, for any purposes we deem reasonable.
Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have registered for the Platform, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information, Billing Information, and certain Other Information by following the instructions found on the Platform. In addition, you may manage your receipt of non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any One Room email. End Users and Authorised Users cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account or their Orders. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, the Order Information, the Billing Information, the Geolocational Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide our Services; to process Orders; to maintain and improve our Platform and Services to you; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners.
We may also use and/or share Information as described below.
- One Room may share the Information with third parties as required to process your Orders and provide support to you.
- In order to provide our Services to you, we may share the Information (excluding the Billing Information) with the applicable Subscriber and/or Customer.
- In addition, we may share the Information (excluding the Billing Information), with the applicable Subscriber so it can offer you special products, services, discounts, and other items.
- We may, from time to time, share and/or license Personal Information, Order information, Geolocational Information, and/or Other Information to other companies that we reasonably and in good faith believe may be of interest to you. These companies may provide you information about the products and services they or their relevant partners offer. To the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- With your permission, third-party applications or services may access your Personal Information. We use standard OAuth (open authorisation) to enable you to give permission to share your Personal Information with other websites and services (e.g., when you agree to a pop-up requesting you to allow another application to access your account information). We also use OAuth to allow us to share information about you that is stored by us without sharing your security credentials.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, Order fulfillment, and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our Platform, Services, Visitors, Customers, Subscribers, End User, Authorised Users, and other products and services, we may analyze the Order Information and Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Platform and/or our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganisation, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of One Room or others.
Information You Share
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Information available to third parties — for example on message boards or web logs; through email; during webinars, classes, telephone conferences, or coaching calls; or in comment or chat areas — that information can be seen, collected, heard, and/or used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorised third-party use of such information.
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Information, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-New Zealand Residents
Children and Minors
How to Contact Us